20.1.10

Why I Like It Longer?

Long, longer, longest...

I like long. Long is long, as in not short. I don't really like longest, because it's to exaggerating. I like longer, because it's better than long, and it will surpass longest one day. Think about it, when was the last time you've ever heard longer beats longest? Just look at the bridges in southeast Asia. San Juanico Bridge had been the longest bridge in southeast Asia for 6 years, starting it's completion in 1979. But the glory of being the longest bridge had been bested by the Penang Bridge built in 1985. See? Even the longest will be surpassed by longer. And that is precisely why i like it longer.

Long, longer, longest...

Long is just nice, longest is too much in length, but longer is beautiful. I mean, look how long a tall person's leg is. Anyone taller than this person will have slender legs. However, if you see a very tall person, take a look at the legs. The legs are too long, it looks scary. But who am I to question the creation of God?

Long, longer,longest...

The point of today's entry is just this: Long is an adjective. It's subjective. That is why it has comparative and superlative adjectives. To me, having it long is adequate,. Having it the longest is too extreme. In fact, there is no evidence, objectively that proves something to be of the longest, since one day, something else will have it longer than the longest.

That is "why I like it longer"...


2 comments:

Yang Setia Padaku

Masih Setia Bersamaku